YOU SHOULD SCREEN YOUR WATER REGULARLY!
Municipal drinking water, well water, and irrigation water contamination emergencies are becoming more common in the news every day. Those affected were likely confident that their water was perfectly safe.
In reality it is unlikely that you will be warned that your drinking water is contaminated before you and your family have already consumed an unhealthy level of contaminants.
Keep yourself and your family safe by regularly screening the water you drink for lead, pesticides, bacteria, and other contaminants with AquaScreen test kits!
We have validated at an EPA-certified laboratory that the AquaScreen Drinking Water Test Kit is the most sensitive and accurate test strip for lead that is currently available to the general public. Other lead tests (yellow test strip in simple foil pouch) are at most half as sensitive as the AquaScreen Lead Test. The EPA & CDC agree, there is no safe level of lead in your water. AquaScreen is able to detect even a tiny amount of lead, down to 3.8 parts per billion (ppb), well below the EPA Action Level of 15 ppb.
Our very sensitive bacteria test detects a wide range of coliform and non-coliform bacteria. This includes E.coli, Shigella, Samonella, Klebsiella, and many more. Bacteria can build up on faucets over time or even grow in well water if it is not monitored closely. It is well known that such bacteria cause diarrhea, vomiting, cramps, nausea, headaches, fever, fatigue, and even death. Infants, elderly, and those with a weakened immune system can be more susceptible to illness or even death when being exposed to bacterial pathogens in drinking water.
Nitrates and Nitrites Tests
Even small concentrations of nitrates and nitrites in drinking water can be hazardous to health - especially for infants and pregnant women. These contaminants are colorless, odorless, and tasteless, which is why it is crucial to screen for these chemicals regularly. High levels of nitrates and nitrites can cause various cancers and severe problems in infants such as methemoglobinemia (blue baby syndrome).
Get into a Safe Routine:
The pH level represents how acidic or alkaline your drinking water is. A high pH (highly alkaline) may indicate the presence of undesirable minerals. These minerals can cause annoying problems such as limescale and may require extensive water softening. Alternatively, water with a low pH (highly acidic) can corrode metal pipes and cause dangerous metals such as lead, copper, and iron to flake off into the water. The pH of a domestic water supply should be checked frequently.
Hardness in drinking water indicates dissolved compounds of calcium, magnesium, and other metallic elements. Similar to high pH, elevated hardness can cause unsightly build up on faucets and in showers and can otherwise make water undesirable to drink.
Chlorine is typically used to disinfect water, but elevated levels can be extremely toxic and even fatal to humans. Chlorine can interact with the other minerals in the water and product chemicals called trihalomethanes (THMs). These chemicals have been known to cause heart disease, eczema, asthma and even cancer. This is why it is important to ensure your drinking water has the appropriate chlorine levels maintained.